New HeadlinesPosted September 14, 2021
Eight to twelve years ago, Steve and I were actively involved in Transition Guelph, a resilient community building network. As I was trying to figure out my next career, I became trained as a Transition Trainer in 2009. The Transition Canada and global movements are intended to create local and self-sufficient communities. These are the community networks we are grateful for now.
One of the Transition activities was to create positive headlines. Headlines that allow us to smile and bring joy into our hearts, that affirm who we are and who we want to be. By creating new stories, we shift our focus to what we really want and need in life. I did this practice years ago and I’ve recently been creating good news stories every morning. Some of my favorite ways to reframe my thoughts include:
- We’ve got this!
- Humanity remembers we are one with planet earth
- Children taught to trust their intuition
- Elders are valued members of our communities
- Families live in multi-generational units
- Communities feed themselves from local farms
- Our minds are calm so our new peaceful world unfolds
- People recall that we are all energetic beings
- We are safe in every moment
- We, as individuals, do our inner healing to the benefit of all
- More urban dwellers convert their lawns to permaculture oases
- Adults remember to trust the divine timing of life
This has been an entertaining way to start my day. It bookmarks our evening gratitude practice. How can you reassess some of the draining thought patterns and media headlines so that you rewrite your mental patterns? It is time to redirect our focus to the new world we are creating.